View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
CaspersPrincess
Yorkie Yakker

Question Crate after surgery

Today I took empanada and we scheduled his acl/lp surgery for 2weeks. I know I have to put in him a crate after surgery. Hes never been crated so I'm not sure how its going to go. I think I will start now so we both can get used to it. He always has his food and water so he is not on a feeding schedule I'm not how to have in a crate and not have food. I was thinking about getting a pen I can put his pee pee pads, food and bed all together so he wont have to walk so much. The problem is he might try to jump out I have tried play pens before just so I could clean the carpet and he would jump out, so not sure that will work. I'm not sure what crate to get either though. I know alot of people crate their dogs but I just cant get over the feeling of puppy prison. If anyone can tell me what one would be better to use that would be great. I just wont want him to hurt himself more. If i do the crate is this the right type to get? Also if I do the pen do you think this will work? I'm so stressing bout taking care of him make sure he gets better. My wedding is end of next month and I don't know how to do both.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (8.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg pPETS-5768368t300x300.jpg (14.7 KB, 3 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!