View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it! Things have gone a little better the last few days I almost hate to say anything & jink myself. I think part of the problem was that I had been sick for almost 2 weeks and so hadn't spend alot of extra time with Gizmo (my puppy) because I had felt so horrible. I also saw on the internet that I could either put rubbing alcohol or white vinegar on the wooden areas, which I did & so far it has helped. I also got Gizmo several more things to chew on of different textures, to hopefully help with his teething & chewing. I also started putting his toys in a container (one he can't chew up) and put the toys back in the container a couple times a day & it gives him another thing to do. As far as him chewing up the pee pee pads, that hasn't changed so I think I am going to check into the washable pads & try to go that route. He is still pooping on the floor much of the time & playing in it, but occassionally not now. As far as the 12 hr shifts and having someone check on Gizmo, unfortunately, no I do not have anyone that can check on him most of the time. My husband is gone out of town all week & only home on the weekends. When he is home, of course he checks on Gizmo, but most of the time, that is not the case. I live in the country & don't have anybody that is close that can stop by unfortunately. I know it's a long time, that is why I don't leave him in a carrier. Yes, I am gone the long shifts, but because of that I also have more days off I can spend with him. I am going to look into the x-pen also. Thanks everybody!
Glad you are finding some solutions to your problems. Playing with their poop is kind of normal, mama pup would actually lick it off them in the early days, and some people have problems with them eating it, just be glad that's not a problem! Hopefully you find better toys for him to play with. There are also some interactive toys, where you can put some kibble in the toy and they will roll the toy on the floor and get the kibble out. Make sure you leave food out for him all day, the early months they can get hypoglycemia. Wish you the best of luck with Gizmo.

Join today and remove this ad!