View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #13
suziq
Yorkie Talker

Thanks for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it! Things have gone a little better the last few days I almost hate to say anything & jink myself. I think part of the problem was that I had been sick for almost 2 weeks and so hadn't spend alot of extra time with Gizmo (my puppy) because I had felt so horrible. I also saw on the internet that I could either put rubbing alcohol or white vinegar on the wooden areas, which I did & so far it has helped. I also got Gizmo several more things to chew on of different textures, to hopefully help with his teething & chewing. I also started putting his toys in a container (one he can't chew up) and put the toys back in the container a couple times a day & it gives him another thing to do. As far as him chewing up the pee pee pads, that hasn't changed so I think I am going to check into the washable pads & try to go that route. He is still pooping on the floor much of the time & playing in it, but occassionally not now. As far as the 12 hr shifts and having someone check on Gizmo, unfortunately, no I do not have anyone that can check on him most of the time. My husband is gone out of town all week & only home on the weekends. When he is home, of course he checks on Gizmo, but most of the time, that is not the case. I live in the country & don't have anybody that is close that can stop by unfortunately. I know it's a long time, that is why I don't leave him in a carrier. Yes, I am gone the long shifts, but because of that I also have more days off I can spend with him. I am going to look into the x-pen also. Thanks everybody!
suziq is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!