Thread: bie-yos?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #10
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

[QUOTE=gracielove;4123949]They have been trying to produce the tinies for years in order to make big bucks. Now they add another feature to try to attract customers. I have seen many ads up in my region for designer colors as well as promises small sizes.

On that subject, it would break your heart to see the number of discarded "designer" dogs that end up in shelters. The experimentation does not always turn out an adorable looking dog. Many are way over sized and just very misshaped with the worst defects of both breeds appearing. They are the saddest things to see in their "mug shots" at the shelters. When out crosses like this are done the recessive genes do come forward and can have horrific results. Yes, they may produce some cute babies as well but what are they going to do with the ones that are not as planned? They sell them because they are cute when they are 6 to 8 weeks old but when owners see the mature results or start having health problems many people who buy a dog for fashion or fad reasons dump the pup. I wish these breeders could see the suffering that is the result of their breeding practices.[/QUOTE]

Very sad....but it isnt that they CANT see the suffering that is indeed a result of THEIR choices to breed, it is simply they DO NOT CARE! It is all about the money! The bloodlines are becoming more and more diluted with faults and anomolies and genetic problems, and these pups are dumped into the general public, who then think Fluffy is just so adorable and such a "rare" (strange) color, lets make more of them....so these genetically defective dogs are then bred with Coco down the street, who we dont know who in the world HIS parents are, but it makes no difference, he is smaller than my female and he is adorable, so it will all work out! and then THOSE babies are sold, and people that buy them decide they too want to have their adorable babys "legacy" preserved, and no THEY are not doing it for the money, family members want the babies.....and if 4 years from now, the family member decides to breed that baby, Oh well........dont have a clue WHAT is in that legacy, but whatever it is, it is cute and such an unusual color. and when those babies are born, look! we are getting more and more "rare" colored dogs in each litter!!!....and it just goes on and on....because people think, "I bought the dog, it is MY dog, and if I want to breed this dog, I am gonna do it.....I dont care WHAT has been diluted and thrown into the "pedigree" and I really could care less about "preserving the Yorkie standard"....the Yorkie standard is NOT my problem or concern....I dont show dogs, so I could care less what my Sweetie has in her pedigree....all I know is that the male is smaller than the female, so it is OK!" And it just continues to spin out of control and the result? More and more liver shunts, more and more heart issues, more and more blue borns, more and more blindness, weak legs and hips, etc. It is like watching a train hurtle out of control and there is nothing reputable, concerned breeders can do to stop it.....and dont try to educate people about breeding or why they shouldnt be breeding.....you are critisized, and chastised and acused of being a snob, interferring, controlling, selfish, attacking innocent people, etc. So, we watch and pray......
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!