Thread: Exasperation!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
MyDearSam
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
Why the two food changes in two weeks? Did the breeder not send you home with kibble he was weaned to? Can't you feed him the same kind of kibble he's used to? Even if you don't like the brand or want to change at a future date, I think it's important to keep changes to a minimum at the beginning. Moving to a new home with new people is stressful enough on a pup.

As to grooming, you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself. Puppies don't really require much grooming. Just concentrate on getting him used to being handled, his ears touched, his paws (which sounds already great as you said you can clip his nails no problem), his belly & but. You don't need to do it for a long time, just 20-30 seconds, a few times throughout the day so he gets used to it. This is important not only for grooming, but for future vet visits. ZoE's vet loves a dog that has been well handled as it's much easier for him to do a thorough examination.

Are you training him at all right now? Sit, stay, down, etc? Does he eat then? When I think back to when ZoE was young, it seemed like she consumed alot of her calories during training sessions.
I still have a little of the kibble she sent home. I was so nervous about hypoglycemia that I was desperate to get him to eat, so I cooked chicken, rice and vegetables. After having that he wouldn't touch the kibble. I thought since he wouldn't eat it at all, I would go ahead and try another food. I tried it every day for a week and he wouldn't eat it either. So I tried another food. I don't want to change again.

Grooming - I don't have any problem handling him or touching ears, feet, etc. Unless it involves a comb, brush or the bathtub.

I haven't started any training besides pee pad yet other than teaching him his name and come. I didn't want to try too much at once.

Like I said in my first post, I feel like I've screwed up from the beginning and I'm constantly doing the wrong thing and don't know how to make it right.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!