Thread: Exasperation!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Not sure if this is much of a consolation but a lot of these puos seem very difficult to feed. I remember when I first brought Wallee home at 12 weeks and him being a real challenge to feed. We would have to sit in the kitchen and laterally scramble his kibbke one at a time to get him to eat. We would do that 3 or 4 times a day. I then decided to get a treat ball and put his kibble in that..Bingo! He now still at almost 10 months will ONLY eat his kibble from there which really isn't a problem as I just keep it out where we are and he will roll it around when he is playing. I also broke down and started feeding him some canned Blue Buffalo late afternoon as we feed our cats canned food at that time. I warm it up in the microwave a little as my vet said it brings out the aroma better. He gobbles that down and looks for more. I don't let him have any more but it seems once he has eaten that he shows more interest in his kibble tge rest of the night. As for the brushing, he still gives me the same grief with trying to comb or brush so I just do a little at a time. I have a groomer come in once a month and do the trimming around his privates and make sure we have no oroblem mats. I use the tiny rounded scissors to remove any mats as well even if I have to have Dh hold him.Hang in and maybe try the treat ball.

https://www.facebook.com/5TailsBoutique?ref=tn_tnmn
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!