Thread: Exasperation!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
MishyMish
o°.Reign Rules My ♥.°o
Donating Member

WOW. You seem to be going through a lot. OK BREATH. Let me try and address each of your issues. When and where did you get your pup and how old is he now?

With the food... did you gradually change his diet? To have changed is food twice in 2 weeks seems pretty quick.

Grooming... When you begin it will probably be difficult to do so. The goal initially should be to build the pups tolerance. So, I wouldn't necessarily try and do a full groom all at once, but several sessions throughout the day until you can. I would also use praise and treats even if its only a short time while he is being cooperative. Being able to cut the nails is a big thing because many DO NOT take to that so easily.

I would relax a bit (I know it's tuff) because after all it is a puppy stage. One of the hardest stages until they get old. Your pup can pick up on your emotions. So try and stay calm and fake it until you make it. I hope I have helped at least a little.

Hang in there and maybe you need to revisit the basics, it's not too late. There is hope, so don't give up. Also, his coat may continue to change so his thick coat may turn silky or become manageable in time. Are you sure he is not sick with an eye infection or something? Since he is tearing so much.

Last edited by MishyMish; 02-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.
MishyMish is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!