View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
sweetone
Yorkie Talker

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the replies!! I'll try to answer the questions as best I can here!

The closest vet would be a day's flight away, or a 6 hour flight if we were in an emergency medi-vac situation. Vets come to the community once a year to perform check ups and other routine visits with animals in the community. There are no vet techs or anything like that where we live, and we would have to fly south for that.

We purchased a doggie dental kit with doggie toothpaste and a little finger brush, he likes the taste of the toothpaste, he just hates the whole process. I will try the "burrito" method for sure!!

He is indoor trained on pads and is about 90% successful. Lots of praise and treats seem to be making him more and more successful each day! We can't go for walks because his parka and booties haven't arrived, but we do try to tire him out and play with him in the house every day.

Ordering things through Amazon.com is tricky because the shipping cost to where we live is often more than the cost of the food itself. Amazon.ca is something we will look into since I read that they now carry pet products. We have been buying things through Well.ca (Merrick food and vitamins, etc.) and have been happy so far.

Thank you for the tips on the collar/harness - I had read it was bad so have a harness on its way, so I am glad I confirmed! I will also make sure to have the hydrogen peroxide and lots of baby wipes on hand! Having an emergency kit on hand is a fantastic tip and I will look into building one!

Here are some pics of our Pepper from the first night he came home!
Attached Thumbnails
Lots of Questions from New Yorkie Parents-soosie-sm-.jpg   Lots of Questions from New Yorkie Parents-pepper2-011513-sm-.jpg  
sweetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!