View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Yorkiemomma78
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Breeders? Question about pregnancy in yorkies :)

I havent posted here in a LONG long time,so I´m going to re-introduce myself

My name is Gina and I have two 1 year old yorkie pups named Bella & Milo.I am from Spain and very glad to be here because we dont have many spanish forums about specific breeds,so thank you all before hand for any advice

Anyway,a good friend of mine recently bred her yorkie girl.She was covered on the 2nd,3rd and 4th of last month (January) and with any luck,I will be getting a pup from the litter *if* the whole thing took.
It is the females first (and last) time being bred,and the waiting game is driving me crazy .The thing is,our vets aparantly do not tend to do bloodwork to confirm pregnancy and they only do an x-ray a week before the female is actually due to see how many pups to expect,so I am left wondering if my friends yorkie is actually pregnant..and I guess we wont know if she is or not until she starts to show.So,my question is,at this stage in pregnancy *if she is pregnant*,what should her tummy look like? Should she be showing at all at just under a month in? I´ve felt her tummy and I can feel a parting between her breasts (which are a little swollen),but I´ve also read that that´s also normal for a female who recently finished her heat cycle.Her tummy isnt swollen (like to the sides) and she does sleep a whole lot..but there is nothing about her physical apearance that says she´s pregnant.I really do not want to get exited just yet,so I´m doing my own research while I wait

Any info an even pictures of different stages during pregnany would be apreciated Thank you!
Gina
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!