View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #23
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
Vet said your bf is allergic to dogs didn't say to *this* dog. I have to tell you my husband (soon to be ex) is extremely allergic to dogs, cats, allergic, allergic, allergic to everything. As we speak him and Miss Mini are sleeping in his bed...together.
Until I read your post, I had forgotten my husband is also allergic to dogs! When the allergy dr did his tests, it was both dogs and cats. He has reactions to cats, but not dogs. But right before we got our first dog, he was worried since the dr said he was allergic. Our golden always slept in our room (sometimes our bed) and Columbo always sleeps in our bed and he's never had a reaction with a dog, thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't have a dog!. Cats, however, he has to wash his hands immediately and not touch his face. His eyes get irritated in a house with cats. I wish I could have another cat, but at least I have my Columbo. I will say after having a yorkie, I will probably never have another dog that sheds. It is such a luxury that he doesn't shed even one hair! At Thanksgiving, we took Columbo with us and one person there has very bad allergies and asthma. She had no reaction to Columbo at all. Texasbrand, I am hoping that when your baby gets his adult coat that maybe your BF's reaction to him will diminish. I think the puppy coat is different than the adult coat, so IDK maybe he puts off more dander during the puppy stage. Usually yorkies are considered hypoallergenic and most people with allergies don't have a reaction to them.

Last edited by bobohyde; 02-01-2013 at 05:16 AM.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!