View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
JHurtt
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98vett
WOW how are you doing THAT ? I was really REALLY trying and lost a total of 4 potatos (I'm NOT saying pounds anymore because a potato gives me a better visual after seening that commercial)
Ha - I like that even better. You are right, it does give you a much better visual and makes you feel like you have accomplished more. When I try to visualize a "pound" I just see a little line on the scale. Of course visualizing a potato is much easier......the only thing is that if I have lost 16 potatos, I should be able to pull my pants on and off without even unbuttoning!!! Boy, don't I wish!!!

I have always heard that you should keep a journal and watch your calories and I always thought that was just too much work. That is exactly what I decided to try this time though and have found that it helps a whole lot! I write down everything that I eat each day and the total number of calories as well as what (if any) exercise I did. I also put my measurements and front and side view pictures of me when I started and then once I had finished 1 month.....I do my weight each week. I make sure I exercise 4 days each week and while I at first started off with just 30 minutes of Tae-Bo, I am now on my second week of doing the full one hour tape of the Firm with the Fannylifter (I had to do one week of only 40 minutes of the tape before I could get through the whole thing though). I have also let myself cheat for 1 meal each week. I don't go crazy or anything, but just let myself have something that I really enjoy...like Taco Bell. This has really helped as I don't feel like I am depriving myself from everything that I really enjoy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!