View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #1
dalnna
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Previcox Question

Good morning. My 5 pounder Lucy began yelping the day before yesterday. We had been out and when we came back she did her normal jumping up and down greeting and then ran off yelping. I don't know if something happened at that moment or while we were out and her greeting made it hurt. In addition, she usually has very hard stools and that day her stools were soft and had some of that jelly like consistency. So I'm not sure what is what. Anyway, I took her to the vet yesterday because she was still yelping occassionally, but honest to God it seemed she was yelping more out of fear of BEING hurt than actually hurting. I know that sounds crazy but she'll yelp like that if she's outside and a leaf blows near her! She's just skittish like that. So, she hasn't been eating well. She didn't eat the night this happened and then ate only 1/4 cup all yesterday. I did give her 1/4 a slice of American cheese just to be certain she would take one of her favs and she did. Again this morning I can't get her to eat but she ate 1/4 slice of cheese. The vet thinks she has a problem in her back and prescribed Previcox, 1/4 tablet. I gave that to her when we got home then started reading about it and wow! Really thinking I won't give her any more. Even the manufacturer says not to give it to a dog less than 12 pounds!
Anyway, I'm wondering this morning if anyone else has used this drug for their yorkie and what you think of it? Am I being overly cautious? Sorry this is so long.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!