View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis0114 View Post
Hello. My yorkie has been battling with Systemic Yeast Infection for 4 years. I've always had him a Precise product. (Grain Free – Lamb & Turkey With Garbanzo Beans and Sensicare: both dry). And they both have worked wonderful. The problem I'm having now is that he developed bladder stones and had them removed. Vet says his PH level is too high and if we dont cut down on the protein, he may develop them again. My yorkie is 6 years old and weighs 8.5lbs. I've been searching around for a food suitable for his condition while keeping the protein % a bit lower. Not having great luck doing so. Is there any advice or suggestions you have for me? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I concur that you might want to talk to a vet nutritionist. I have a dog with many challenging conditions and she is going strong on a home cooked vegetarian diet. However, her allergies are just terrible and we are going to have to make a switch again soon unfortunately. If my dog had yeast infection and was prone to bladder stones, I would be looking to lessen the acidic load of the foods. The grain free formula is loaded with legumes creating a high pH environment in the dog bladder. IMO, you'd almost be better off with a meat-sweet potato type formula. But, I'm not a nutritionist so you should consult with one for appropriate advice. Good Luck!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!