Thread: tapatalk
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
Marilize
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
I already use my phone to look at forums, and I can set the notifications on my user cp how I want to be notified, then I get an email when there's updates to a thread I'm subscribed to. Seems like the same thing to me.
There are a few reasons why it's different:

1. With Tapatalk, the forum is optimized for your phone which means that you can view the text, avatars and photos in a much better size and resolution for your specific phone. Photos look great.

2. You can reply with your phone in a text editor that is much easier to navigate than the HTML internet page that you view on a web browser. It's easier to use, and it makes posting messages a breeze.

3. No more resizing of pages to see everything. As mentioned in #1, the app optimizes the forum for your phone.

4. It uses less bandwidth because you don't load large and/or unsupported ads and widgets. Not only can you spend more time on the forum, you aren't bombarded by ads and unwanted stuff.

If you have a web browser on your phone, you can view and use the forum with it, but you will have to resize the pages constantly, the photos will be hard to see, messages will be hard to post and unsupported HTML features can cause problems with your phone. Not to mention the risk to your phone of viruses that have been plaguing YT lately.

Hehe, I'm not an agent for Tapatalk I just use the app on my phone for other forums and I would absolutely love to be able to chat on YT with it. I'm also an administrator for another forum for my day job and our members love using Tapatalk when they want to chat on the go. It's really easy to install and it's a huge bonus to any forum. JMHO.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!