View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #15
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilla View Post
On tuesday I went to the vet, my little Billy (5 months) is having a little cough and got som running from his eyes. The caugh sounds like he has something stuck, so I figured out that i needed to take him to the vet. Having trachea and kennel cough in mind.. He has got the shots that a puppy needs. Kennel cough is among other dogs now,and here in Norway it is usual to have outburst of kennel cough in january/february. I cant tell if some of the dogs that he have met is sick. He also belive he's a vacuum cleaner, eating dust and everything small that could fit in his mouth

The vet find that hair was getting in his eyes, nothing serious. Just needed to have some eye drops to relief the sensitive eyes. So far so good. She listened to his heart, nothing unusual. She made him cough, and found that he was a bit irritated in his upper airway. Maybe a mild kennel cough or because he is a vacuum cleaner. I said i was afraid that it could be something wrong with his trachea so she took an xray. The trachea was fine, no collapse. But she was unsure if the heart was a bit bigger than it should be. So yesterday a second vet looked at the pictures and thought he also saw fluid in his lungs. When i got the call I was silenced, but now my head is full of worries for my little boy

Next thursday there's scheduled an ultrasound. I'm not shure I can wait untill then... My head is going to explode soon because of all my toughts and worries. So now i'm writing to you, just need to get some frustration out!!

So sorry about my spelling, hope you understand what I'm trying to tell. You see I'm from Norway

I'm hoping that someone has been thru the same thing, that someone could give me some advice. And that people care is also nice for me beeing in this situation. Feeling so scared...
Do let us know how it goes.

I know little about Norway; but what I would suggest to a person who lives in Canada or the USA, is to get to your nearest Vet Hospital - prefera bly a teaching hospital.

And I care and many do here.

Alright sometimes with small breed dogs, the size of the heart can look a bit large on Xray. That is why it is best to have an expert look at them if you can.

Okay did this vet prescribe any treatment for fluid in the lungs?

Also I know Norway is cold. Is there a way you could limit his time outside?

Also with lung issues (if there are some) great humidity is good. 50% . Think about a bedroom humidifier.

And extra humidity should not hurt.

Keep us updated. and I so hope everything turns out well
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!