Thread: Canine Caviar
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #54
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Thank you Ann.

I thought the ingredients looked good too but I'm not the best when it comes to those comparisons. I will check with CC and see if the dry formula I bought is AAFCO approved.

I bought both the canned and dry foods so I only use the canned to mix over their dry at mealtime or a spoonful for a midday snack and that's the one that is for supplemental feeding only. The Wilderness dry kibble is an ALS complete food and that is the main part of their meals.

I really hope this works for Moo and so far it looks good...it may be the answer I've been looking for as far as a food for travel or if the power goes out or something. Believe me...fresh and frozen dog food doesn't last long when your power goes out for 7 days! lol!
I just spent quite a bit of time on the phone with Julie at CC and she was very helpful and answered all of my questions and then some.

Yes, their foods meet and exceed the AAFCO standards, not only here but in other countries also.

I asked about the phosphorus, protein, AAFCO and more and all of my questions were answered. They are going through some website changes and some information was autofilled from an old form and it posted incorrectly but that is being corrected. Just because the % of phosphorus says (for example) 1.7% min. that doesn't mean it could have way more than recommended.

I would suggest that anyone who is interested in getting questions answered or learning more about CC to give them a call and hear it for yourselves because I don't want to quote or explain something wrong...they are very helpful and willing to answer any and all of your questions.

Thank you all for your input and information...these threads have been informative for me on both sides of the coin.

That being said...I have no doubt that I am feeding a quality food and if Moo continues to do well with it I think we have found 'our food'.

Last edited by my2boyz; 01-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!