Thread: Canine Caviar
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #51
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
So, before everyone abandons this thread can someone please tell me if there are any ingredients listed above ^ that I should be concerned with?

Mimimomo...I know you posted a link to info on the guar gum and from what I read last night it appears to be a source of fiber in dog foods (if I remember what I read correctly, it was late) and if you get too much fiber, yes, it can cause nausea, cramps and diarrhea and fiber also naturally reduces cholsterol in humans. So, is the information on that page relevant to humans or dogs?

The canned food states it is for supplemental feeding only...like mixed with dry food. I didn't find anything bad about guar gum in dog foods on the pages I read.

Am I missing something or am I understanding things correctly?
Looks like nice ingreds to me . I always like foods that don't have a billion ingreds too, ya know? Especially when it comes to allergy dogs. I hope this food works for you, I know you've had such ongoing trouble with allergies and I so understand those frustrations.

If the food you're looking at says 'suppl feeding', then it's prob intended to be either temporary or to be mixed with something. Are any of the formulas considered complete diets? Or is there a reason you want suppl feeding? Some of their formulas aren't AAFCO, right? If they aren't AAFCO, you could feed that formula on a temp basis...but I'd be concerned for long term...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!