Thread: Canine Caviar
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #50
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyDC View Post

I see where they have the word "may" in there in the bolded red sentence...
That usually means, it May, or it May Not. That is not a definitive that they believe it absolutely does.
Using "may" about something that is just untrue, doesn't give them a pass on putting false info out there. It's like saying "Consuming water on a daily basis *may* kill you, but we're just saying may." It doesn't excuse the falseness of that statement, ya know?

CC made a mistake. It's a mistake that I find particularly troubling bc it perpetuates an ongoing myth about dog food...that's why it's a valid mistake to be concerned about it. I hope they correct it. It's not like it's their definitive moment though, so let's keep it in perspective. Food companies make mistakes and we discuss them here - so it's no different than any other similar thread.

It's all good . It's good that as a group, we can discuss this kind of thing. I appreciate that along side you *loving* this food, that you can also look at it from a neutral stance...that's when it can be really educational to others trying to learn about any food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynzy420 View Post
Off topic a bit....

Buttttt, this Dr. you are quoting is a well known vegetarian guru and some consider extremist. He makes his money off of a diet plan based on statements HE BELIEVES, much like the one you are quoting. He, writes books, lectures etc. and even has a program were you can go for 10 days to get on his diet etc., I would be more comfortable with a quote or comment from someone who was medically sound and had real intensive research to back it up and not just trying to make a living from it. (Think Dr. Adkins, same premise different diet) A very good friend of mine became sick on his diet and shouldn't have ever been on it in the first place, not HIS fault per say...but she really believed every word he said.

There is no question that CC is a wonderful product for some, I'm even going to try a different sample of it...but I think this whole thread is going off topic and I would hate for anyone to be confused, misguided or otherwise....I would hope each of us would choose the best dog food for our pups and do so by reading the labels, talking to our vets and if possible a vet nutritionist and reading our personal reviews. Some pups need a special diet, some even a prescription diet eventually we all find what works for our pups...I am still trying, but eventually I will find it!
Yup. For how the kidneys handle protein (in humans; which helps learning about kidneys in dogs), it's better to search the Mayo website or a physician reviewed site, not a doctor's personal blog when that doctor is promoting/selling his beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyDC View Post

but I think this whole thread is going off topic and I would hate for anyone to be confused, misguided or otherwise....
I Agree: I have just "Unsubscribed" from this particular thread.
I don't need to see anymore.
I think this thread has been really beneficial and right ON topic. The topic is CC. I don't really see any posts that aren't pertinent to the topic. It's important to bring up any/all concerns here...I don't know why anyone would be opposed to that. The protein issue is a big one bc of the perpetuated myth about it...which has gone on for, what, decades now? I think it started in the 40s/50s with that British doctor and his study (can't recall name).

Theresa - you know I love ya, but you're making the whole topic of CC so hard for people to reasonably discuss here. If people try to discuss CC on a thread you started, they get criticized if they bring up anything that isn't deemed pro-CC...and they're told to start a new thread. So, a new thread is started so a discussion can occur and yet still, when people are trying to discuss *valid* points regarding CC - you resort to implying our discussion is not worthy, and therefore "I unsubscribed". If you don't want to be part of this discussion, that's not a problem - but we don't need to know you 'unsubscribed', anymore than we need to know when someone is put on 'ignore'....same context. Ya know, you could be an important part of this discussion if you'd let people have their thoughts and questions without trying to squash them. You LOVE CC - and that's fabulous...I SUPPORT you, I always have. If you love CC and support others as they do you, then support their effort to have a discussion too...that's all we're asking .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!