Thread: Canine Caviar
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #38
RileyDC
BANNED!

[QUOTE=Wylie's Mom;4115762]Lol, I think you misread . People/dogs WITH kidney or liver disease (like your uncle and cousin) DO have to watch protein.

However, protein does not cause kidney or liver problems. What CC said is that "too much protein causes liver and kidney damage" - that is categorically NOT true.

Here's an analogy: Sweets don't *cause* diabetes, however, people who have diabetes need to extremely careful w/ their sweets/carbs.

As far as those mentioning feeding raw long term...I've been feeding it about 6 years now, and I really love it. It's not for everybody, but that's the case for any food

Yeah... I already know about the protein not causing kidney/liver damage but being bad if a dog already has kidney/liver damage. I was a little nervous about high protein formulas until I researched that. I read those White Papers of Champion Pet Foods and they really explain a Lot in detail.

Whether it was read incorrectly or not, I don't think that kidney/liver damage is an LOL type of matter... or deserved an Eye Roll... but okay.

In your previous post, what I read was: what CC said is that "a buildup of protein waste products causes liver and kidney damage" ...
- I guess I am confused as to what Protein Waste Products exactly is...
is it the same as just plain ole' Protein? sounds kind of gross...

What initially causes kidney/liver damage in dogs?
Is it the type of food they eat?? Is there anything that can be done to prevent it?

You may remember but I believe it was because of You that I started
feeding Riley RAW... Remember he had that bad reaction to the Lamb in the Primal. He really Loved it and was doing okay on it, but he always seemed Hungry... and then his old Vet, here in the City, really scared me and was Really Against it. He seems to be a pretty sensitive Pup, which is why I am so excited that Canine Caviar has been working for him for so long with no issues and no visits to the vet with any ear problems or skin issues. I think that I would rather feed raw than a canned food with that Carrageenan in it.... ?!
RileyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!