View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyDC View Post
BTW:
That first Paragraph with some Bolded stuff is Absolutely TRUE!!
I have an uncle and a cousin who are both on kidney dialysis.

When our bodies digest the protein we eat, the process creates waste products. In the kidneys, millions of tiny blood vessels (capillaries) with even tinier holes in them act as filters. As blood flows through the blood vessels, small molecules such as waste products squeeze through the holes. These waste products become part of the urine. Useful substances, such as protein and red blood cells, are too big to pass through the holes in the filter and stay in the blood.
Lol, I think you misread . People/dogs WITH kidney or liver disease (like your uncle and cousin) DO have to watch protein.

However, protein does not cause kidney or liver problems. What CC said is that "too much protein causes liver and kidney damage" - that is categorically NOT true.

Here's an analogy: Sweets don't *cause* diabetes, however, people who have diabetes need to extremely careful w/ their sweets/carbs.

As far as those mentioning feeding raw long term...I've been feeding it about 6 years now, and I really love it. It's not for everybody, but that's the case for any food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
We all have different opinions and that is fine, I have a different opinion on why this thread was started, but I will keep my mouth shut.

What is this supposed to mean?
You can't exactly "keep your mouth shut" after the snide remark already left it.

This is now the 2nd CC thread where you've gone after people. Please stop with the snide remarks, they're nothing but negative. I'm asking respectfully, a second time now. Please be respectful toward others; asking people to be respectful is not asking a whole lot, I should hope.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!