View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #13
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie View Post
Jillie has small clumps of hair that grow out of the inside corner of each eye. When I try to comb them down across her nose, they don't sit down because I think they're inducing tearing. They get wet and curly and stand up, bringing more tearing.

When I try to bring them up into her topknot, it looks funny and you can clearly see those two strands, which are darker, going up into the topknot. They may be darker because they're permanently stained from tearing.

Is this a common problem? Does anyone have a solution?

I'm always been hesitant to snip them off because my breeder told me DON'T CUT NOSE HAIR. But she's almost 4, and I'm getting tired of it.
You can trim it, actually you should, to avoid the spread of yeast (if it's yeast). I've also read that sun light can darken tear stains....the tear stained hairs will not poke the eye when growing out, bc they're point/grain of growth goes down, thus the tear stains.
Mimi & Turbo has lighter facial hair & their tear stains are very noticeable, so I trim it w/blunt nosed scissors. It never pokes their eye & it grows fast too!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!