View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #14
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I LOVE the Thundershirt! I scored a deal on ebay and got a brand new one for $10 I wanted to try it on Taycie as she has major anxiety in the car.

I usually have to drug her but after all her issues lately my vet and I agreed to try a more natural approach on our 3 hour drive home for Christmas.

I did buy a homeopathic travel anxiety med. http://www.petbest.com/products/Home...FawWMgodZTgAIA

And then I decided to give the thundershirt a try as well. I also bought her the Sleepypod Carrier, as she seems to be more calm not being able to see out.

Normally, traveling longer then normal distances she is a giant ball of nerves, pants, whines carries one. She is a mess. I had the Snoozer Car seat for her, but on a trip to the vet she tried to jump out of it and was dangling herself by her harness on the side of the Car seat.. So.. no more snoozer for us

So this trip we tried a new carrier, thundershirt, and the new travel anxiety med.
BEST car ride trip I have ever had with her in almost 3 years! She did wonderful, not only there BUT back!

I never heard a peep from her. When I got home and let her out she was calm and relaxed. I know the Thundershirt had a lot to do with it. I have tried this at home when vistors come by, as she gets yippy and barks alot. It makes the situation at least 80% better.

Love the Thundershirt!

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 01-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!