View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 07:00 AM   #28
Cha Cha
Donating YT 500 Club Member

My daugher is a very passive person and lets our dogs take advantage of her in ways no one else in the house will tolerate. Thank goodness we don't have alpha dogs or there would be problems. In my opinion, no amount of training from a personal trainer would change my daughter. I say this because I have had a lifetime of observing animal behavior. It's not about using force to get your dogs (animals) to listen, it is about body language and voice tones and asserting your authority in a way they understand. Some people don't have that ability (my dd being one) and until I had my dd, I never would have admitted that animals really could be superior over humans. It's who she is, it's her personality. If she is going to have pets in her future, she is going to have to be very careful about picking out one. She will be better off going with an older dog where it's personality can be assessed prior. In some cases, I do feel rehoming is the best answer for everyone, especially when you admit you are afraid. Im so sorry.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!