View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2TwoYorkies View Post
Exactly how I feel! But this time around I wanted so desperately to adopt from a shelter . . .I have two guys from breeders and they are AWESOME, but I feel I want to adopt a little one that wasn't wanted or couldnt be kept anymore . . .

And I now see they have him marked "on hold" and they haven't even talked to me or gotten back to me, so I'm wondering if I never had a shot at all . . .
That was me. I went about 14 months haunting the shelters for a little one I could lift with my bad back. Every single time, something went wrong from the dog being too ferocious to too ill to adopt to being second place. As I was working, I couldn't show up there first thing in the A.M. and only go after work except on Saturday so I was always second best. Eventually it all just wore me down. Got so tired of being so disappointed. But when I heard Tibbe's sad history, I realized he was a big rescue of a neglected and IMO, abused, dog so it was all good - I could rescue after all.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!