View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
rubymoon2072
Cedric♥Lola♥Keylo
Donating Member

it also depends on the oil you use...synthetics last longer. my dh is a mechanic and he will look at the oil. if it is dirty it gets changed......prior to the due date. but with the oil we use its every 5000 miles. synthetics may cost a bit more per change also. also another factor to consider is with some oils that go longer hence...5000 or 7000 or more etc sometimes you cannot go back once you switch from say conventional to synthetic...just a cost factor to consider when you are looking at the miles and amounts of oil changes you will need per year.. there is also a high mileage oil so its always good to know what kind has been put in your engine. my dh explained it to me like this.......oil to a car is like blood to a human. if it needs to be changed and you do not when you should you will compromise the way your engine runs and for how long it runs. just from a mechanics point of view. he looks more at the color than the mileage but to him it needs to be clean not merky and dirty.

Last edited by rubymoon2072; 01-21-2013 at 10:34 AM.
rubymoon2072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!