View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
zooropean
Yorkie Yakker

Unfortunately, they don't have the means to attend a professional trainer. The recession has hit them pretty hard.

To bump this thread, here's an update.

They buy these treats that are good for the dog's teeth and he's kind of afraid of them, but he's afraid of everything so I don't know...

Nonetheless one day, he (relunctatly) picked the treat from my girlfriend's hand and put it on top of the carpet, ignored it and went to the couch to sleep.

My girlfriend got up to go to the fridge and passed by the treat and the dog just snarled and started barking at her. She ignored it and after getting her drink sat on the couch again. Later, she petted him and the dog reacted, bit her and drew blood. Her mom scolded her that dog was asleep and wasn't supposed to be disturbed (what the hell?). So she got away from him and had to pass through the carpet (were the treat was) and the dog went crazy and just charged at her, biting her ankles. Her mom picked Snoopy up to get him away, and the dog bit her as well.

Since my GF's father wasn't home, she called me in tears explaining what I just wrote. She told me that she and her mother were scared and for me to come over. So I went.

When I got there I found out that Snoopy had bit my gf's grandmother as well, which is strange because she gives him treats she shouldn't. They locked the dog in the bathroom where he was barking and scratching the door.

I don't think she said anything to her father about this, out of fear he would snap out of stress and take it out on the dog.

She's now thinking of rehoming the dog or rehabilitating him. Since she doesn't have the emotional fortitude to train it herself nor the means to hire a professional trainer, things are looking bleak. I'll try to hold on to the dog if things come to that point, but there's so much I can do, money wise.
zooropean is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!