View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #23
zooropean
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky71 View Post
Ive had my baby since 11 weeks..i got him from a breeder..He is 9 months now and weighs close to 9lbs. i never crated him , instead i used a playpen.He does not have free roam of house.primarily he has access to kitchen and bedroom....i started seeing aggression, dominance and possessiveness towards things and people around 4 months..I chalked it up to him just being a puppy..I put him through obedience school around 16 weeks because i had to wait until he was fully up to date on his vaccinations. he has been surrounded with a lot of love and he is in a wonderful home.. Its just him and me here and grandparents downstairs.i admit that he has been spoiled..He has completely taking over my home and I just happen to live in it..He has bitten me many times and other family members..Basically he gets very aggressive when he doesn't get his way..Ive been working with him about his resource guarding issues..He was neutered at six months and he still humps a lot..what has made me think that i may have to re-home is that he bit my arm pretty bad and my thigh the other night because i was trying to take my underwear from him. I feel like Im walking on eggshells in my own home and to tell you the truth, im now scared of him..Sometimes just having me walk into the kitchen he starts to growl as if im invading his space..The vet has ruled out any underlining medical issues...I feel like he may be possibly be a product of improper breeding..my heart is broken and im not sure what im going to do..I love him dearly but he is very unpredictable which makes me anxious....money is no option..Ive spent a small fortune with a very good trainer who comes to my home who uses positive reienforcement but i see no improvement in him...The vet has suggested that he may benefit from doggy Prozac .ive always looked for Yorkie talk for wonderful advice and support.. I just don't know how many more bites i can take without getting severely hurt..sorry for long post..
I know exactly what you're talking about, only this time the yorkie is a bit older. My girlfriend is very afraid of him since he bit her grandmother (who was the one who give him treats and petted him when he wasn't supposed to). My girlfriend is also considering rehoming or rehabilitating him. Since I'm afraid she doesn't have the emotional fortitude to train him properly, she'll probably find another home for the dog. I'll try to hold on to it if I can, but I can only do so much.
zooropean is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!