View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokonaami View Post
Hello,
I am a new shorkie owner. She is 7.5 weeks old and not eating much. She will eat a couple small bites here and there but nowhere near a whole meal. I have tried nutrical but she wont eat it. She will eat a tiny bit of beef baby food but not much. She is acting fine (sleeping a lot with short playful periods in between) and is peeing several times a day with 1-2 stools per day. Do I need to be worried about hypoglycemia? Or is she just adjusting to her new home? I will call the vet on monday when they open but was just hoping for some advice. Thanks!
You do not offer this for her to "eat"....every 4 hours, you put a dollop on the tip of your little finger....about the size of a dime.....and you put that on the roof of the babys mouth.....this is not for her to eat, you MAKE her take it...by placing it on the roof of her mouth, she will get it liked off the roof of her mouth....some of them will lick it off your finger, but some wont and when they wont, you MAKE them take it! Putting it on the roof of her mouth will make sure she can not spit it out....if it is on her tongue, she can spit it out. Try baby food, CHICKEN flavor....beef is a little strong for them....make her lick the chicken off the end of your finger....here again, you may have to do this every four hours around the clock....you should be getting at least one jar of the baby food chicken down her per day....I would be hoping closer to two jars. You can also be giving a formula of Just Born, Pedialyte, raw egg yolk, Karo syrup and baby vitamins....I use Dr.Miller's Pet Nutra Drops which is so good for these babies.....You need to be feeding this baby SOMETHING at least every 3 hours around the clock. If you are giving kibble, then you want to soften the kibble with some of the warm formula above....whatever, this baby MUST eat!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!