View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

I've just recently fulfilled all of my requirement for participations. Yay !

I'm thinking about signing up but Im not sure. I would love to give my babies the experience of receiving a gift and be able to make someone else's baby feel special too. But I am a thrifty shopper in ever regards of the word. Im not saying that Im cheep or that if I join the GE that my gift will be cheep but just that I want to get the most for my money while making a nice gift for who ever I get as my GE buddy. I thought about even getting out my sewing machine and making something personalized. It wouldn't be the greatest but it would be special.

If I join I will more than likely go over the limit in order to try and make it a really nice gift. Plus $40 doesn't go a long way these days. But, there is no way that I could afford to or want to spend hundreds of dollars on a gift exchange. To spent hundred of dollars on a gift when the limit is set at $40 seem a bit extreme. Dont get me wrong, who wouldn't Love to receive a box full of wonderful expensive items for their little one form their GE buddy. But than if it were me, it would feel a little less special knowing that I got such a awesome gift and that I was only able to send someone something of a lesser value. It would make me feel really crappy. I know it the thought that counts and thats how it should be.

I think it would be a fun and exciting experience for me and my pups. I love to shop for people and my dogs. But I dont want to disappoint anyone ! My idea of a really nice gift is probably not what someone else would consider a great gift.

Maybe the limit could be set within an amount and by signing up you promise not to exceed that amount. That way no one is outdoing anyone and everyone get a special gift that they know was withing the limits and can feel good about joining and sending a gift themselves. You know the limits ahead of time and you agree to only spend up to that amount. No less No more. I think that a $40-$80 limit would be a great. That way if you want to go over the $40 without exceeding the $80 limit than do. That way everyone can feel good about what they send and not quilty about what they couldn't.

Ok... I'm done now , But you did ask !!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!