View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
my2boyz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Did you ever sell something and then wish you had it back?

Before we moved to Florida a few years ago we sold some things...one of those was my set of Johnson Brothers Coaching Scenes blue and white china. It was beautiful...not expensive or antique or even a family heirloom but I really loved it...we never used it, or the sterling flatware I bought to go with it, but I enjoyed looking at it in the china cabinet.

I had a service for 16 and I believe I had every piece they made from the regular dinnerware pieces to all of the extra serving pieces including the soup tureen. I also had matching teapots and coffee pots, candle sticks, soup bowls, open and lidded vegetable bowls, different sized platters and even the largest turkey platter. I used to have a picture of it all in the china cabinet but I can't find it anymore.

My china went to a friend who also loved it...but she has now passed away and I believe 'my' china is with her Mom. I've let her know, via email, that if she ever decides to make a change and let go of it that I would love to have it back but, in my heart, I don't think that will ever happen.

I know I loved that set but I also know my friend and her Mom did too so I don't regret that part of letting it go...but I know I would love to have another set like it to enjoy again. Maybe I'll try putting another one together someday.

What have you let go that you would replace if you could? Not painful things...just things that you would enjoy having around again if you could.
my2boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!