View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

I remember those days, so not fun !

This is why a cage train my pups.... All four of them were cage trained which cut back on the amount of chewing they did. Because when we were no home they where in their cage. When we were home we leashed trained them which allowed us to catch them in the act and correct them on the spot. When no caged or leashed we watched them like a hawk. There were many occasions when we got distracted thinking the kids would be on puppy duty and they would not always be aware of their whereabouts. Which allowed them to seize their opportunity to chew. Mostly on my baseboards sometimes on my kitchen chairs.

When we got our first pup over 25 yrs ago we didn't know about cage or leash traininig and that dog age through everything inludig the walls, drywall and wood stairs. Even the wooden suport beam in ou garage. You name it he chewed/ate it. I will never ever try not to cage train a pup again. I defiantly have less havoc and damage done to my home because of it. It is not too late for you to cage train your pup and defiantly never too late to start leach training also know as (umbilical cord training).

There are tips on both on my site if you care to take a look.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!