View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I had posted on here several times, an extended list of all the things I give my babies as treats....I dont know how to pull up old posts so I could copy paste the list...I can tell you I give my dogs NO STORE BOUGHT TREATS AT ALL....they get green beans, cooked carrots, little diced celery pieces, all human foods....sweet treats are Honey Nut Cheerios, Fruit Loops, vanilla wafers, graham crachers, Teddy Bears, Animal Cracker cookies, cheddar Fishes, cottage cheese, plain yogurt, Gerber baby food chicken vienna sausage thingies...dont know what they actually call them but they are healthier than vienna sausage, made out of chicken for toddlers.....bites of cheese....cheddar, there is a white cheese whose name leaves my memory now, I invested in an Excaliber Dehydrater (rather expensive modle, but I use it for all my dogs) and I make all my own jerky....I buy TONS of those Zycon boneless/skinless chicken breasts which are SO ECONOMICAL AND CHEAPER THAN YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE, INCLUDING SAMS AND WALMART... (https://www.zayconfoods.com/refer/zf78039 )
and I use these for not only the family, but also the dogs ....for Christmas, I was given a dog treat machine with a little recepie book where you make up all your own batter and then bake it like a waffle in this "dog bone" machine.....this looks interesting and will be using that! Also, I will bake tiny little muffrins from those dog cake mixes....but I do NOT buy ANY store bought treats, and I certainly do not even LOOK at anything bagged for sale in stores....If it is not good enough for me and my son to eat, my dogs dont get it. As a rule of thumb, I just do not trust people to love my babies as much as I do, and they are not as concerned about what goes into their treats as I am....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!