View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Mistressfreeze
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help please. She's eating the house

Trixie is around 8 months old now and we are at our wits end with her. We can't let her roam the house because she's still not fully potty trained. Even with newspaper and a pad out she will still find a spot on mom's rugs to squat without any warning. So, we keep her in a gated hallway by the laundry room when we are away or can't watch her closely. The problem is she is eating the room

She has chewed on every door frame, the wooden doors themselves she has even tried the wall paneling. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to stop. I gave her a brand new toy last night and this morning Mom wakes me up fussing she caught her chewing on the door to the garage. We used very thick plastic baby gates to cover most of the wood in her room but she still seems to find a place to chew and we're running out of plastic to cover the area. I would put her with Xena in the kitchen but they still fight for dominance half the time and if she chews on the cabinets Mom will try to give her away. I don't want to take that chance. She's not just chewing her walls, I have to replace her toys every other week. I am fine with that if she would chew up her toys and not the wall I would be so happy.

I have tried the no chew bitter tasting spray, new toys, giving her raw hides to chew on. Nothing seems to be working. How do I get her to stop chewing on all the wood in her room? Any advice would help greatly.
Also, when do puppies stop teething? When can I expect her to get past this stage? Xena is 7 months, she chewed the door frame once and then never again has she even tried, the kitchen cabinets are safe. So I don't understand why Trixie is so determined to find wood to chew on.
Mistressfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!