View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #10
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Get a trainer who will come into the home.

This can be because you, based on what you said "spoiled" him, he has learned this is acceptable behavior and it taking on the alpha role-any physical aggression not limited to but yes also hitting will only make it worse, but you need to be firm and consistent.

You cannot continue to be afraid-he will and does sense this and will even if he doesn't maliciously aggress on you because it's natural, you need a trainer who can evaluate him and train you on how to deal with this-it's not that expensive.

I'm sorry to be rude, but I think it's unfair that you ay have created this situation and would then just rehome him-now I'm just saying that because it sounds to me right now this is a learned behavior he has been allowed to have.

There can also be medical and neurological issues that cause aggression. having a training (not classes one who comes to your home his territory) and working with you vet will either remedy the situation or then offer alternative options which may include re-homing if the course of action is not something you can provide for him.

I'm sorry you are going through this it is never okay for a dog to bite-no matter their size, situation, anything it must be stopped immediately. Best of luck please keep us updated and remember with things like an internet posting everyone is giving a best guess based on how they interpret your description-very different than an expert seeing it and evaluating it in person.

Whatever trainer you choose, you need to be very clear on two things-they come to your home, and they will offer a plan of action and check in for you over a time period. Trainers are like any other field that doesn't require a genuine certification and training process-there will more bad one than good unfortunately. I went through 4 before finding a decent one-and trust me their prices were no indicator the cheapest was actually the best go figure.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!