View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #4
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Pam, if you have any expertise with hair [which I do not] there are some really good instructional sites online and lots of great books you can learn from. But ... if you aren't gifted in that area ... I must vote "groomer" too! In the beginning, we tried to learn to be "all things" to Toto because we just didn't trust anyone ... we now have all the "tools" and instructions and still take Toto to be groomed! We are afraid of hurting her with the hair pulling from the ears, afraid that we might nick her between the toes with the little clippers, afraid that we might clip a nail too short and we had never even heard of "expressing the gland" before we got Toto!! I bathe her weekly myself and take her to be groomed about once every month. It's really hard to find one you trust ... we never let Toto out of our sight ... then we learned that Dr. Lucy had grooming service and that she would personally trim Toto [she raises Yorkie show dogs] so we took her there last time and now Toto has a "forever groomer"!! She looked wonderful!! In searching for a groomer, be firm, and tell them what you want/expect ... after all, you're the one paying for the service!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!