View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpearson0202 View Post
I am feeding her a formula that i got from Pet Smart. Should I mix it with karo or anything?

She likes to have her head stretched up. She stretches it up on the edge of the puppy bed or fold in the blanket. Every once in a while she will cry out similar to having a dream. She does not appear to be in pain. Is this behavior normal or is something wrong?

What do I need to do to keep the mom from loosing her milk. I am praying the pup will pull through this and continue to nurse her mom.
I hate to be negative, but you are going to loose this baby if you do not do specific things! This baby MUST be kept in an ambient temp of 90*F....do whatever you have to do to get that done! You can go to the breeders section on here and get the ingredients for specific formulas that MUST be fed to that baby....these formulas have dense calories per cc....my formula delivers 14 - 16 cal/cc....this baby is NOT getting enough to eat!!! Do NOT depend on this baby to suckle....she is getting weaker and weaker as we speak! It is PAST time for you to TUBE FEED her...if you have to go immediately to your vet and have him show you how to do that, do it! You are at a critical stage with this tiny enfant and you have to get very active here....she is fading right in front of your face! It may already be too late, but you can not give up on her and just let her starve to death....WARM HER UP SO THAT FOOD SHE EATS WILL BE DIGESTED! Tube feed her one of the specific formulas given on this site....mine is made up from 1 can Just Born, - 6 oz of Pedialyte, 1 raw egg yolk, 1 cup cultured yogurt, 4 tbsp Dr.Millers Pet Nutra Drops....can use baby vitamins + Karo syrup for the sugar.....you warm this up and feed 1 cc/oz of body weight, EVERY TWO HOURS AROUND THE CLOCK for at least 5 days until this baby gets stronger....you can then go to every 3 hours for 3-4 days, then 4 hours......do NOT depend on momma to pee and poop this baby....YOU MUST do that....This is emergent situation....if this baby is to survive, you have got to move quickly! FORGET ABOUT MOMMA LOOSING MILK, ETC...MOMMA IS NOT YOUR PRIORITY AT THIS TIME....YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE OVER FEEDING THIS BABY FOR MOM.....

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 01-16-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!