View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
Julia Howard
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Weak puppy

Please continue to try to get her to potty by rubbing and massage so that she urinates and has a bm. Also, do you have access to a pet store where you can purchase Esbilac, Just Born, Goats Milk, or some similar pet formula.
Also, some nutri-stat or some type of supplement will give her the added calories to keep her going. You will just have to get a little Nutri-Stat on your finger and put in into her mouth and encourage her to swallow. Not very much at a time though. The Karo Syrup should help her with BM. I cannot use a syringe to feed the ones who won't suck. There is a big risk of strangling them and having the formula get into the lungs. I use a dropper that you can purchase at any drug store. Just the kind that you get with meds such as eye drops. Just slowly drop a couple of drops into her mouth at a time. You will have to do this every 30 minutes or so until you feel she is out of the woods and then you can do it hourly. If you are to save this one it will take a lot of effort and time on your part. If you can't do it all by yourself enlist the aid of a family member or neighbor for a few hours because it will take constant care. You do need a heating pad wrapped in a towel on low. Also a blanket completely covering her since she could get chilled from the air. I don't know if you breed and have had this occur before but I would also order some "Fading Puppy Formula" from online at "Natural Rearing". This has helped to save several weak puppies. This formula gives them enough nutrition from natural ingredients until you can get them going again and you can give it often. It doesnt go by weight of puppy and you can't give it too often. If I can help you please email me at Julianhoward@aol.com. I will be close to the internet today. Good luck and don't give up on her. She will be worth it.

Julia

Julia Howard
Julia Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!