View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
katep
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Mass Showing on X-Ray but not Ultrasound?

Hello, I'm new to posting here, although I have been an avid reader since we rescued a little yorkie from a pound where he was due to be put to sleep.

I don't know anything about his history, and the fact that he is blind, deaf, toothless and with bad joints suggests that he is probably a senior dog. However, he is a little sweetie and while he obviously had a rough time in the past, he is treated like a prince now. The fact that he is blind and deaf means we engage with him with lots of touch and cuddles, which adores.

He has a cough and I took him to the vet to get him checked. He was x-rayed, and the vet could see a mass on the x-ray, which was by his lung and pressing onto his trachea. However, when the vet did an ultrasound he could not see the mass. Nor could he see any more masses else where in his body. The vet also did blood analysis and did not see anything amiss here. The vet has given him some medication to help the cough and to something to see if they can reduce this mass and we're to go back later this week for a review, however what type of mass would appear on an x-ray and not be visible on ultrasound?

Does anyone here have experience of something similar? Is there anything else we could be asking our vet to do?

Thank you for any help - it is such a worry
katep is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!