View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
kimx6
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Thanks for the support! Sorry long post!

Thanks so much for all the prayers and well wishes. Just a little over 12 hours and I should know the results of the test. I realized last night after reading here that the new diet he was put on and the lactalose are both what they do give dogs with shunts. I don't know if the dr. is even more concerned than she let on and just figured not to worry me more until she knew for sure-considering that when we had to leave him overnight (for what they thought was a bowel obstruction, but thankfully turned out to be an ileus instead so no surgery) I used up almost a box of their tissues.

Now on to the breeder issue-I made a huge mistake I bought my precious baby online. I know, I know- I did no better, but I thought I had done my homework and just this one time and everything would be OK. NOT, BUT I am so thankful to have him and I know he was meant to be with me and he has a great home now where we all love him so much. All six of my kids, their girl/boy friends and especially my husband are all crazy over him. When I first got him, he hadn't even been socialized, he didn't have any bite inhibition and had never seen a puppy pad at 13 weeks! I read and read and read and passed it onto my kids-they are all teenagers or older and now he is like a different dog. Obviously, there were signs from the start and the drs. have mentioned it too and they are concerned now about inbreeding.

Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
New Yorkie Mom-since August & baby Jax has been sick!-dsc09000.jpg  
kimx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!