View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Ketchikankelli
Yorkie Talker

Default Anxiety/Whining when we leave the house...

Hey everyone! So I searched around a bit for an answer to this, and haven't really found one. My husband and I recently moved to a smaller apartment for and in May are moving to Florida for three years, after that who knows! My husband is in the Coast Guard so we will be moving quite a bit throughout our yorkies lives..
My problem is, before at the old place my almost 6month yorkie never whined when my husband and I left the house, there was always at least one of us home though.. He's only been left alone (with his 10 week old brother) a few times.. Last week we left them at home for about an hour and a half during lunchtime to see how they would do. They did great, peed where they were supposed to and only chewed on toys!

The issue? Now whenever one of us leaves the house, he whines for about ten minutes afterwards! My husband goes to work in the morning, so you can understand that the nonstop whining is not okay at 6am when he NEVER did this before! I am home with him along with his baby brother and he still does it.. We need to be able to leave them at home alone, and he can't be whining when my husband or I leave and there is one of us home!?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to treat this?
When we move to Florida I need to work and volunteer and go to school.. We need to break this habit fast and as soon as possible!! And don't want his little brother to start the same thing.

We'd prefer to break it before he gets neutered next month.. I hope all you yorkie lovers can help us!!

Thanks!
Ketchikankelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!