View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonsmommy32 View Post
Hello-

Jackson is coming out of his shell he loves to play of course CHEW CHEW and no he will jump up in your face and try to BITE not good at all!!! I say NO JACKSON in a stern voice and he will stop for a second and then back at it... Any advice on this ???

Night time/ he goes into his crate and boy he doesnt like it at all he will bark and whine for awhile but last night it seemed to go on FOREVER!! what can i do in this area to help him be at peace!

Neutered Question- How old does he have to be before i have this done?? Or what is the best age for him to have this done ??

Potty/ Outside is doing pretty good can be better however he is still growing and learning at the same time... But i will say my boy can sit on command and i am sooooo happy about that and also he will speak on command as well i am such a happy mommy and cant believe that i went this long without having a yorkie
Huey was bad about nipping at our noses when he was a pup. Both hubby and I got bloodied by a nip to the nasal septum. That mommy sound "ehhh ehhh" (I don't know how to spell it like it sounds, but we all know the sound-that very loud and annoying nasal sound) always made him stop cold, and he learned to to nip at anything, especially faces. The avoidence thing was practiced as he learned this lesson.

He has slept in the bed with us from the start. Can't answer the crate question.

Huey was 6 months old when we got him neutered. I don't know what the official standard is, that was when our vet said it could be done.

Potty outside is still a challenge at times. He know what to do, but if there isnt anyone watching when he loops past the door or who will reward him with a treat afterwards, he just goes wherever it is easiest. Arrrgggghhhhh...ongoing issue.... we did learn to have an alternate potty area that he can use during inclement weather. If it is raining, we tell him "go to the basement" and he will. Be careful of sneakyness, though. He will make a loop around the deck without doing his business and come back in for a treat. If I wasnt looking & didn't see him go, I will ask him "did you go? Show me where" and he will show me the wet spot on the deck because I won't treat him anymore unless he proves he went potty outside. These little furballs are very smart!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!