View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Since we are crazy enough....

.... we started our kitchen remodel this past week. HAHA My mom left Tuesday morning from her holiday vacation here, by Tuesday night we had the Peninsula torn out of the kitchen and an island created with the middle 4 ft of cabinet. We tore out the trash compactor and put it in the garage. My brother tore out the part of the floor we are going to tile yesterday. He's going to put a 24 inch cabinet along the back wall and secure the island to the floor, then Saturday or Friday night, hubby and I are going back to Lowes to order the granite counter top. My brother is replacing all the electrical outlets and light switches with white ones today and finishing tearing off the back splash and the rest of the counters today. We are in a freakin mess!!

We wanted to put new cabinets in and change the arrangement of the kitchen but I think its going to be too much money for a house we are talking about selling in 2 years or less. I am just hoping this 'update' and 'facelift' will help to add value to the house and make it more appealing to sell. The old cabinets are in good shape and we are repainting them to this super light grey color (you'd think it was white if you didn't see it next to the color white).

Wish us LUCK!!! Its going to be a LONG winter/spring for us, as this is going to take months to complete, but my brother is laid off so he's working there almost full time, so the timing was perfect! Also his labor is CHEAP! woohooo Hes a civil engineer too, so he knows what hes doing and he does great work! We are super lucky!!!

Check out the new layout!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_1kitchen_construction.jpg (189.6 KB, 91 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!