View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
I've heard that an intact, studded dog can become a "humping" nuisance, so to speak and ladies I've known that did use their males that way that weren't breeders with females, too, were not happy they had as their little male was a far different pet than before. I have no experience myself as my dog is my baby, besides his being neutered. But I had heard that it is kinder to male dogs to neuter them as they are always wanting to mate and tend to be frustrated and aggressive if they aren't mated occasionally, if still intact. But Yorkiemom1's concerns on the issue are so important to seriously consider first and foremost.

I forgot all about this part....Once that male becomes "A Working Man", there is no tolerance for another male on the property, if there happens to be a female in heat on the property. My home, as well as my yard, is "fenced and crossed fenced", because there are males that definately no longer tolerate another male around "his" ladies.....now, since you dont have any other dogs around, this wont be a problem, but his whole demeanor will change....breeding males are NOT the precious little cuddly, sweet, demure little boys that just want to love on you and be loved on....they are "large and in charge", and have an attitude!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!