View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Sounds great to me. Puppies get so distracted when they go outside so the 2nd poopy break is a good idea. I had to do that with my 5 year old rescue... he would just forget to poop while out the first time then come back in and do it in the house. I just made the 2nd outing part of his routine, and then I could praise him and give him a treat without him being all upset for making an accident. The general rule for puppies is they can be expected to 'hold their urine' for 1 hour for every month of age. To expect more from a puppy is unfair. Very gradually increase the time between pottying to train his bladder to 'hold it'.

Giving a pup alone time is a good thing. It will teach him to play or amuse himself without constant human contact, and ease any separation anxiety.

I love that you have nap breaks. Very important, as puppies don't always know when to stop (some don't stop to eat!), and they will get tired and sometimes go out of control. The mix of play/training is good also. Keep the training sessions short, as Yorkies have a short attention span and always end on a good note.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!