View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 AM   #4
Handlewithcare
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marhcarter View Post
Dang, I'm exhausted just reading your schedule!. With that kind of structure, it sounds like it would be hard to go wrong. That is one lucky pup to have you so attentive. Mine never got that much structure and he could be better trained. My only concern would be, how is he when left alone, like if you go to the store or church where you are gone for a few hours? Does he stress, or does he chill in his crate until you get home?

Thanks! We're trying to make sure he doesn't have a chance to slip up with potty training. It is us that needs the training as much as him. He rarely pees and never poops (I bet he will now!) inside and when he does it is our mistake for becoming distracted around the times we know he usually needs to go out. I watch him like a hawk for signs and now he has started to come over to us when he needs taking out. I'm so glad we were able to be so intensive with regards that one thing because you can tell he feels he has archived something everytime he goes outside! I'm v fortunate that I work from home though!

The leaving him alone thing is my worry! I have a disability which keeps me largely housebound (I don't drive) - so when I do go out without my husband and his car I try to take J for a walk too! However obviously I want to make sure that if (when!) I do get better in a few years time he won't get scared when I leave. I'm planning now to go to a church group and I have a few work meetings coming up which will take me out of the house for 2-3 hours. Where do I even start with that? How do I know if he has gone mad and annoyed the neighbours when I'm out? I have a sleep app on my phone which records any noises you make throughout the night when asleep so I did wonder if I should install this on my iPad and have it activated when I go out that way I can monitor what his behaviour is like (at least audibly) when I go out.

Last edited by Handlewithcare; 01-09-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Handlewithcare is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!