View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #15
Clyde_Dexter
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Dexter is back home. He is currently passed out LOL ... doesn't seem to mind the cone on his head, but that might be from the fact that he is so drowsy and unconscious like.

I do have one concern, Dexter's "area" is really swollen and kinda blueish color... I've heard that it being blue is not a normal color even after surgery. When Clyde was neutered his area didn't swell or change colors. I had ZERO issues with him ... so I'm a little concerned by the fact that Dexter is so swollen that he doesn't even look neutered? I called the vet. Surprise, Surprise. No answer.

The vet office people were really nice. They trimmed Dexter's nails for free when they usually charge a $3 fee. They gave him a free heart worm test, which I was REALLY surprised about. They also gave him one month's worth of heart worm preventative and a month of frontline plus. They were all very sweet people. The vet office was really clean and didn't seem sketchy in anyway.

The vet people told me that larger dogs scrotum area can often swell up REALLY large but that it doesn't happen often in little dogs, which is the reason why I'm so concerned that Dexter is so swollen.

Other than that concern the incision looks nice & I was happy with the service.

Just Glad that Dexter is home!
Clyde_Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!