View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #12
rubynrosie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Charlene-

I think this was a great subject to post...and especially for newbies to read. I am very grateful for each piece of advice/opinion I read on Yorkie Talk. It took me a bit I will admit to start posting as I was afraid of getting "crucified" for doing the "wrong" thing with my yorkies. I have learned as a newbie don't take things personally and have a thicker skin...why??? YT is a passionate bunch of yorkie lovers. There are numerous years of experience with yorkies on here. Can you imagine if we all posted our years of experience and added it up how many years that would total????? Many have either made the same mistakes, been through the same experience and/or have researched subjects more thoroughly than I can even imagine. If they can prevent a yorkie going through a negative experience, stop bad practices etc, they are going to do their best to stop it/help in any way they can. Sometimes that's telling it how they see it in a very straight foward manner that my Minnesota nice says hey that didn't sound so nice...but im learning...its for the dogs and that's what counts!! So my confession...my first yorkie came from a backyard breeder...I bought her on line ,I never saw her parents, I didn't see where she lived as the breeder met me half way in a store parking lot and she was just around 8 weeks old and I fed low end food....ughhhhhh...could I have done one more thing wrong???? You would have thought I would have learned with Ruby-Sioux in that I so tried to let the breeder let me have her earlier than later....thank goodness she said no and explained why!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!