View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
wildflowertia
Yorkie Talker

Default New to YorkieTalk AND Yorkies!

Hello everyone,
I am new to the site, but I am sad to say I have yet to own a Yorkshire Terrier. I have been doing a LOT of research (much to my girlfriends dismay with me talking about them constantly! ) and thought being on this site would give me a good place to find answers to the MANY questions that I have regarding these sweet creatures!
At this point, I have been reading about how to prepare yourself and home for them, as well as training tips. The trouble Im running into is if I need to be reading a Yorkie specific training book, or if a general one is alright? Also, I need to learn more about house breaking and the first month of having a baby. I'm also having trouble with FINDING a Yorkie that isnt from a Puppymill but that isnt going to cost me 2,000$ which I just cant afford. I have no interest in breeding my little man or lady but I want to make sure (s)he isnt coming from a bad place so needless to say I have been really doing my homework. Rescuing is almost impossible if I want a baby so Im trying to do the responsible thing!
Anyway, that doesnt introduce me much, just my current thoughts on Yorkies. As for myself, Im from Alberta, but living in BC as a French teacher. I have never owned my own dog but have when I was a child, so Im looking forward to the adventure of a new dog.
I look forward to discussing (okay, well ASKING for the most part) questions Yorkies!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!