View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
There are several puppy formulas given to supplement pups....I think they are under the Breeder section.....please mix one of the formulas up and give it to the babies....my formula delivers 14-16 calories/cc, and you give 1cc/oz of bady weight, starting off every 2 hours AROUND THE CLOCK....then advance until you are feeding every 4 hours...this is in addition to what they get from momma.....since she is still feeding and you are just trying to lighten her load a little, you should be safe feeding every 3-4 hours....KEEP THE BABIES WARM OR THEY WILL NOT DIGEST THEIR FOOD....
Yes and warm all the time, draught free quiet spot. I would add to Mama's diet probiotics and by some I mean 1 tsp - plain and organic. Also I would cook up some liver and use the liver juice over the food, and go easy if she is not used to real meat, maybe add one tsp (2x) day into her food. For a change you can also scramble up an egg - has lots of good ca2 in it and add into one of her meals. I feed Mama as much as she wants in a day - 3 4 or even 5 meals.

Now I happened to note you are nursing your own baby; is there a breeder friend or former breeder friend that could come in often to help you supplement feed, for sure it seems like you have a lot on your plate right now.

I hope everything turns out well. Also you need to check Mama's nipples daily, and respond quickly to changes that might signify mastitis.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!