View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Mamamika
Yorkie Talker

Default Small yorkie with 5 newborn pups helppp!!!

My Yorkie got pregnant under my brothers care. (Yes I should of had her spayed) but since she only plays with female dogs it didn't cross my mind. Now I have 5 puppies from her. They're growing great gaining weight everyday some more than others then the others more than some. Vet told me to supplement some with milk since she's 5 pound which I do, they only take a couple sips then stop and sleep. As soon as i put them down they go straight to momma to nurse, most puppies hate the bottle and refuse to take it but they are still gaining weight. I give mom supplement and nutrition also puppy can and hard SCIENCE DIET. I didn't know she was supposed to eat puppy food while pregnant and found out literally the day before she gave birth and now she's skin and bones which is why I feed her canned and solids as well. I can use all they advice I can get. Do anyone have a small yorkie that gave birth to 4 or more pups and made it by just nursing? How should I put weight back on her? How much weight should a puppy gain? I have a three month old so I'm running off 3 hours of sleep and 4 cups of coffee. Help please I'm trying to save her and her babies.
Mamamika is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!